What Healthy Casco Bay is Doing
Healthy Casco Bay has a commitment to getting more Mainers in its service region active!
• Bike/Ped Promotion and Education at Casco Bay YMCA, area schools, LL Bean.
• Providing technical assistance to trail and conservation groups.
• Providing Mini-grants to Schools, childcare providers, and after school programs to promote physical activity initiatives
• Promoting and providing technical assistance for the Let’s Go 5-2-1-0 program in area schools, childcares, and after school programs.
Physical Activity Resources
• American Heart Association , information about heart attack/stroke warning signs and prevention.
• www.letsgo.org, home of the 5-2-1-0 Program, a site with great information and strategies for promoting activity and nutrition to school age kids.
• Bicycle Coalition of Maine , information about safety, education, and access for biking.
• Healthy Maine Walks Registry , information about finding and using walking trails.
• Kids Walk to School, a national program that encourages children to increase the physical activity by walking to and from school.
• Kidnetic, a fun website for kids about exercising and nutrition. This site also provides some fun, healthy recipes kids can
make with an adult.
• WinterKids, a great program that gets kids active in the winter by working closely with schools. This is a great site for
school administrators, teachers and parents.
Community Youth/School Health Programs
• www.letsgo.org, home of the 5-2-1-0 Program, a site with great information and strategies for promoting
activity and nutrition to school age kids.
• CDC guidelines for school health programs to promote lifelong healthy eating
• Maine Youth Action Network trains, supports, connects and advocates for youth organized to effect positive change through school and community-based peer programs.