What Healthy Casco Bay is Doing
• Working with 21 Reasons and Casco Bay CAN to educate parents and kids on the risks of underage drinking.
• Developing a set of parenting presentations for local school systems to help provide guidance to parents on substance abuse issues.
• Promoting the Time to Talk initiative to help parents engage their children in conversation about substance abuse and
other wellness issues.
Substance Abuse & Prevention Resources
• http://www.day-one.org/, a substance abuse counseling and training service.
• http://www.21reasons.org/, an underage drinking prevention organization focusing on environmental change and parental mobilization.
• Parents, The Anti-Drug , information for parents about addressing youth substance use and abuse
• Maine Office of Substance Abuse , produces the Maine Youth Drug and Alcohol Use Survey
• Maine Office of Substance Abuse parent resources , information for parents
• The Face Project , provides resources, training and action on alcohol issues
• Freevibe , youth site from the National Youth Anti-Drug Media Campaign
• The Marin Institute , alcohol industry watchdog group
• National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism , research organization with the National Institutes of Health
• National Institute on Drug Abuse for Teens , information about the science behind drug abuse
• Substance Abuse Treatment Facility Locator , from the Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services Administration of the U.S.
Department of Health and Human Services
• Teachers Guide , advertising website for teachers